Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Challenging Day

Bill and I had our morning all planned - a nice breakfast out, a couple of stores and put the rest of the Christmas lights up outside.  Thought we'd go on a wild "fling" before chemo again tomorrow.  Unfortunately, I spent the entire day in the hospital ER with my mom who fell last night getting into bed.  She scraped and bruised her back pretty bad.  I asked her why she didn't call me last night and she said, "I don't know.  I think you needed your sleep." 

Anyway, she's still there and if the ER doctor has her way, she'll go straight to a nursing home.  Diane and I are frantically looking into other options.  We want her to stay in her own home.  Doesn't everyone?  Diane and I need your prayers as we gather information and make some tough decisions. 

This could not have come at a worse time.  I am torn between my husband and my mother. Tomorrow is Bill's chemo day - we have to be there by 9:00 a.m. and we usually don't leave until after 4:00 p.m.  Diane will take off work (she still works full time) and be there in the morning.  When I can, I'll "hike" across the street and check on Mom.  Hopefully, they'll have a motorized scooter I can use.  Otherwise, it might take me all day just to get there. 

We expected Bill to have a good day today but he didn't.  No pain, but was completely wiped out and was plastered to the couch again all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment