Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Day Filled With Praises

Well, I must say that I am very glad that in a few minutes I can go to bed and call it a day.  It's been long and hard, but let me share with you some praises ...

* The nurse was able to draw blood from Bill's port within about 10 minutes.  Enough to meet their guidelines for infusion.  Also, his blood work results were terrific.  We are blessed with a great team of professionals who help Bill through the 6 hours of infusions.  They are a great support team.

* A friend of ours, Gary, came and spent almost 3 hours with Bill and they had a very nice visit.  Those 3 hours breezed by.  During that time I was able to walk across the street and be with my mom and sister and make some decisions. 

* Mom is sleeping in her own bed tonight.  The hospital doctor felt there wasn't any need for her to be in the hospital and she could go home.  Diane and I are working on her day-to-day care and supervision.  Diane had some great ideas and has begun to implement them.  I am so blessed to have a sister who is able to help in my mom's care.  So many families aren't that fortunate to have siblings that can work together.  I have a great sister!

*  We praise God that we have so many friends who love us, care about us, and pray for us.  Right now Bill is doing fairly well.  Other than fatigue, he's just been plagued with hiccups.  Bring on the ;peanut butter!
I'm calling it a day.  More tomorrow.  Good night.

P.S.  May I be the first to say ... "Good morning, Julie!"

No comments:

Post a Comment