Sunday, November 28, 2010

What's On Your Christmas Tree?

Jess and I finished the tree tonight.  It takes many hours, but something that I really enjoy because there's alot of history on it.  I have made ornaments out of things like ... Jon's first comb, our wedding cake top, tiny small dishes I painted, a perfume bottle from my grandma, some really old knick knacks from my other grandma, ornaments from my parent's tree, and items that I don't necessarily want out all year but want to keep.  I have handmade ornaments and ornaments from places we've visited on vacations.  It is a very personal tree. 

Both kids have trees for their bedrooms with their own ornaments.  I've made ornaments for them out of small toys that they had growing up that they don't use anymore.  Each year they get Hallmark ornaments to add to them.  Jessie's tree is filled with sparkly beaded necklaces and bracelets.  Jon's has blue lights and Jessie multi-colored lights.  I saw a tree this year at Young's that I really wanted for her - it was purple with pink lights.  Just couldn't justify the cost!

Bill, my Mom and I were able to go to church today.  It was great being there and visiting with people we haven't seen in a long time.  It was a great sermon, too.  Bill felt good up to the afternoon when it went downhill.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.  He has chemo again on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment