Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sewing

For those of you who REALLY know me, you are aware that if sewing is involved, I break out in a cold sweat.  Well, maybe not that, but you know that I DO NOT SEW.  I have many other talents.  Sewing is not one of them.  Not only do I end up bloody and with holes in my body, I HATE sewing.

I remember one shirt that Bill wore years ago had a ripped pocket.  It was hanging by only one corner.  A good work shirt.  It was like that for a long time and I kept thinking I should get my hot glue gun out and take care of it.  One day I noticed it was missing (the pocket).  Bill said he got tired of waiting for me to "take care of it".  Oh, well, it didn't look too bad with the missing pocket.

He would be very proud of me tonight.  My dining room table chairs have pads on them that used to have ties, which all pulled off and tore the corners.  They've looked so ratty lately that I removed the pads and was going to buy new ones.  Tonight I got out my sewing basket from the bottom of my bedroom closet and so far I have repaired 3 of the 6 seat pads.  AND, I've done a fairly good job.  I'm proud of myself.  No blood either!

1 comment:

  1. I hate sewing too!!!! I would rather just go out & buy a new one...lol!

    Proud of you for your effort on the chair pads!!

    ReplyDelete