Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Eye Exam

Because of my mom's macular degeneration, Diane and I are screened every two years to make sure that it doesn't begin in our eyes.  Today was my visit.  The first time I had the drops put in, I wasn't able to see for 8 hours and I got really sick.  Two years ago I told them about my reaction and they cut back on the drops.  They did the same today, but it did take hours to be able to see clearly again.  Jon took me to the appointment then treated me to lunch.  When I came home I sat in my chair and rested - actually slept for 3 hours!

I got a bit emotional when I went into the office.  Didn't expect that, but I've taken my mom there for years, then Bill's mom, too.  When the doc wanted to know what was happening and I mentioned about both Mom and Bill dying, he gave me a big hug.  That about undid me.  That was nice of him, though. 

Jess had a good day with Debbie for a change.  They did odds and ends then for baking day made a Bisquick sloppy joe pie for dinner, and Jess helped alot.  It was good and so nice not to have to cook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment