Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My New Hobby

I haven't told you about my new hobby.  I've hesitated in telling everyone about it, but today I decided that since I am having so much fun with this hobby, I would share it with you.  Some of you will be astonished.  Some will say, "Go, Girl!"  I'm not sure what all will be said, but it doesn't matter, because I enjoy it, and that's what is important.

So, what is it?  Last December I took an 8-hour CPL class with two other girlfriends.  (CPL = concealed pistol license)  We had 5 hours of lecture and 3 hours of range.  I thoroughly enjoyed this class, and even Bill was excited that I enjoyed it so much.  (He said that we would become the PPM's ... pistol packin' mommas!).  In February I went before the Macomb County Gun Board and received my license. I am extremely proud of my accomplishment.

Because of Bill's failing health I wasn't able to go to the range and shoot with Jon (he's had a CPL and pistol for quite awhile).  I've recently purchased a Sig 380.  A nice little "sweet thing", as people say as they see it.  Today Jon and I went to the range and I shot it for the first time. Boy, I really like this sport.  I can't wait til we can go again!  This is also something that Jon and I can do together.  My only regret is that Bill wasn't able to see me shoot.  I know he would have had a big smile on his face - especially the times I hit the target!

I hope to not only hit the target, I want to get the bullseye!  After all, I come from a family of sharp shooters:  my dad was a Detroit Police Officer and was a sharp shooter, Diane was in the Navy and was also a sharp shooter and Ed was in the Marines and he, too, was a sharp shooter.  Who knows, maybe one day I will be good enough to join a shooting league.  We have an awesome shooting range very close to our house.  I'm too old to bowl, so maybe this can take its place!

YEAH, ME!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment