Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy 24th Birthday, Jon

I took Jon out to breakfast at his favorite restaurant and our favorite waitress, Heather, put a candle in his pancake butter and sang Happy Birthday to him. 

For dinner he requested breakfast so we had eggs, cheesy hash browns, sausage and a blueberry muffin.  Dessert was a cherry pie with almond frosting.  Yum. 

He spent quite a bit of time working on his ship this afternoon and some computer work.  In all, I think he had a pretty nice day.  He was a bit down, as was I, since this is his FIRST birthday without Dad.  However, it was still a good day.  Thank you, Jesus.

Now, on the other hand, Jess had a very bad day.  Prayers are needed for her because her psychologist "diagnosed" her with clinical depression.  She put up a "fight" going to the grocery store and was so bad for Debbie that I wouldn't blame her if she quit.  Which, by the way, isn't an option!!!! 

Pastor Garry came to see me today and the look of shock on her face was awful.  She said "Dad".  Then she looked at me and I knew that she was thinking that since he came to visit me that I was sick and dying just like daddy was when Pastor Garry came many times to talk.  I had to reassure her that I wasn't sick or dying.  That was sad.  Who knows what goes through her mind. 

Also, please say a prayer for me.  I mentioned yesterday that I paid for yesterday walking around most of the day.  Well, today has been worse.  Every part of my body is in pain.  Not sure what is going on, as I am not sick otherwise.  It is discouraging to think that I can't walk without "paying" for it later with pain.  Thanks for uplifting us again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment