Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

We had a nice quiet day.  I decided to take a break and not work, so I only did 4 loads of wash and vacuumed the floors.  I played a bit on the iPad, read some and took a nap.  Jess played on her iPad, watched videos, played with her Apples to Apples cards and laughed alot.  Jon chilled out in his room.  He made us a special breakfast: baked egg and cheese cups.  I made a special lunch: chicken salad sandwiches.  For dinner I cheated because of the heat and put country style ribs in the crock pot and when they were finished, fried the meat in a fry pan with bbq sauce.  Potato salad and corn on the cob(Meijer's) and watermelon (Thanks, Caroline!).  We sat out in the living room and watched "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked", and enjoyed a bowl of ice cream.  Now it's time to call it a day again.

Jess has been pretty good today.  The only time she's screamed is when either Jon or I have coughed.  I beat her once and screamed: "Shut UP!" when Jon coughed.  She just looked at me with wide eyes and laughed.  She beat me the next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment