Sunday, May 20, 2012

Thank You For The Honor

If I thought yesterday was fast, it had nothing on today.  Jess and I met Di and Randie for breakfast at 10:00 a.m. then we went to Tulley's to buy some perrenials for the front of the house which has been relandscaped.  Came home and figured out where all should go.  They left and JoAnne called to see what I was doing.  Told her to bring a pizza and come for a couple hours.  She did and we had pizza and salad, then chatted. 

At 4:00 we had our church's annual conference where we elect new leadership for the coming year(s) and go over the past and future budgets.  We also hear what "we" have done in the past year and what is going to happen in the year to come.  Thank you, Debbie, for working a Sunday afternoon so I could be at the meeting.

Jon had to work but got off early to be there.  During the meeting I was presented with the honor of having the new Resource Center named after me ... "The Sutton Resource Center".  Nineteen years ago I began our church's library with zero books.  When I needed to leave this ministry last year, we had 6,000 books, videos, DVD's, cassettes and books on tape.  Since then it has been moved downstairs to make it more accessible and has now become a Resource Center.  I also received a bouquet of flowers and a gift card for Family Christian Stores.  Thank you for the honor. 

I'm glad that Bill knew about this before he passed away.   He was very excited for me.  I wish it could be called the Bill Sutton Resource Center, though, because if not for him, I would never have been able to devote so many hours to its growth and development. He also made all the bookshelves and learned how to process books.  In later years we were able to go to the Library and work together in this ministry.  That was very special. 

Again, thank you for the honor of having this new room called ... "The Sutton Resource Center". 

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome honor to you & Bill!!! You deserve it...I know how much you loved that library :)

    Hugs...always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - the honor is for both of you! Wanted to get over to give you a hug (and tell you it was from Doreen - I just give out her hugs whenever!! lol) but had 2 little granddaughters and that was a long time for them to be quiet!! Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Nancy! This is truly a wonderful way to honor your labor of love!

    ReplyDelete