Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I have been dreading today for a couple weeks now.  This was my second Mother's Day without my Mom and my first without my husband.  However, it's been a very nice day. 

Jon didn't have to work so he joined Jess and I for breakfast.  He made eggs and toaster waffles and I had bought a small lemon cake and we had that for dessert.  After we ate Jon and Jessie gave me very nice presents ... from Jess I got a book and some lotion.  Jon gave me a book and a gift card from Hobby Lobby. 

For lunch we went to Chris' house for a nice chicken bbq.  Eric and Sean and Sean's girlfriend, Ashley, were there and we had a nice time.  Jon and the boys played xbox for awhile, Jess played with her letter tiles and watched a DVD and Chis and I had a chance to talk.  In all, a very nice day.  Thank you, Jesus, for turning a day that could have been hard into an enjoyable and fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment