Sunday, May 6, 2012

Holding My Hand

I didn't post last night because I got home around 11:00 p.m. and was too tired.  Sorry!

Three of my "girl" friends and I went to Bethesda Christian Church last night and saw Guy Penrod.  He is a tremendous singer, formerly with the Gaither Vocal Band.  Last September he branched out on his own.  I'm not a huge follower of the Gaithers, but I knew that I liked Guy Penrod's singing.  It was an awesome concert.  Very uplifting and I thoroughly enjoyed singing along with the old hymns. It was very long, too.  Two hours with no intermission. 

Unfortunately, since I don't have any of his albums or know his signature songs, the second to the last song caught me totally by surprise.  He sang "Knowing What I Know About Heaven".  It's a beautiful song about someone arriving in Heaven and for someone on earth having to say goodbye.  I had no warning - the next I knew, I was sobbing.  The kind where you shake and can't stop or even breathe!  How embarassing.  However, my 3 friends all grabbed hold of my hand and held it the entire song.  Their love and concern for me was so evident.  I felt blessed. 

If you've never heard him, bring him up on YouTube.  Also listen to the song, "Breathe Deep".  It's bout savoring the moments in life that we may ordinarily miss.  The next time I have one of those moments, I am going to breathe deep and Praise God for them.

After the concert we went to Lenny's for a late dinner.  It was fun sitting around a table with friends and laughing alot.  I can't remember the last time I was out so "late" at night. 

Today Jess has spent most of the day on her iPad, I've done a few things, but mostly played on my iPad.  I really don't feel like doing anything.  I'll save my paperwork for the morning.  We ate lunch and dinner on the deck.  I am so blessed to have had a husband who made a dream come true for us.  He began the deck while on chemo and finished most of it last fall.  It is a very nice place to be.  Thanks, Bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment