Thursday, July 19, 2012

A New Air Conditioner

The air conditioner in our bedroom was placed in the window when we put the addition on the house - say - well, if Bill were here, he'd snap off the date.  Not me.  I'd have to go look it up in my calendars/diaries.  Almost 20 years ago?  Anyway, I thought it was time to get a newer, more efficient air conditioner that would cool off my bedroom quicker, and be quieter.

A job that should have taken only a couple hours - take one out, put one in - took almost all day for Dorene and her sidekick, me.  It never fails.  You start one job and it leads to another.  The boards that Bill had made for the air conditioner to sit on were rotten and had to be remade and replaced.  Batteries were dead in the drills.  The directions didn't make sense.  Poor Dorene.  Up stairs, down stairs.  Up stairs, down stairs.  Out the bedroom window on the roof, back in again.  Repeat 3x.  She deserves a medal, if not then a nice dinner out. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! She is a lifesaver!! Glad you have another Dorene that is there when you need her :)

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete