Saturday, July 21, 2012

Friends Are Taking Care Of Me

I neglected to mention yesterday that when I went to Richmond to have the running boards taken off, my friend Ruth (of 35+ years!) picked me up and treated me to lunch.  We went to a tiny restaurant at the corner of Main and 32 Mile Road ... Village something ... it was really nice!  Best of all, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit with Ruth.  Thanks, Ruth!

The night before last, my air conditioner was so loud I had a hard time sleeping and it didn't cool off my bedroom.  I should never have bought it from Target.  If  you want a good appliance, go to Home Depot or Sears.  That's what Bill always did and I should have.  I called up Dorene yesterday morning and asked her how much she loved me.  To make a long story short, I bought another air conditioner from Home Depot in Chesterfield and Dorene came this morning and we worked together in taking out the other one and putting this one in.  Oh, so much cooler.  So much more quiet.  THANK YOU, Dorene!

Tonight Debbie and her husband, Bob, came and cut my grass, watered my flowers and pulled some weeds.  Their son, Mike, usually cuts the grass but he is in NC visiting friends.  Thank you, Bob!  Thank you, Debbie.

I am thankful for my friends who help me out in so many ways.  I am truly blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment