Saturday, July 7, 2012

Thursday ... Friday ... Saturday

Thursday, July 5
Jess and I left the house at 8:15 a.m., went and picked up Debbie and we headed to church camp in Vassar.  We had breakfast at Tim Horton's in Imlay City and saw a friend's daughter, her husband, one son and a new baby.  (They have 7 children.) Jess was pretty excited about that!  Just before we reached camp, we ran into a rain storm but it stopped before we got there, only to start up again just as soon as we parked!  We picked up my friend, Doreen T, and took her to Frankenmuth for her birthday.  (Her husband, Ed, was the Teen Speaker this week.  They live in NJ.)  We ate lunch at Zehnder's, and Jess did pretty well.  From there we went to Bronner's.  Debbie had the most fun and was awestruck, as she's never been to Frankenmuth.  We checked in at our hotel - The Springhill Suites by Marriott.  Never stayed there before, but will again.  It was really nice.  Visited with Doreen before I took her back to camp. We have such wonderful memories of years spent at family camp.  I think we did it 4 years in a row.  We had one of the best sites - right on the river with a bit of shade.  I miss it.

Friday, July 6
After we had a late breakfast in the hotel's breakfast room, we hung out in the hotel til almost noon.  We drove around town so Debbie could see what was there, went to a leather store, and back to Bronner's.  I was surprised that Jess wanted to go in again, as the day before she had a melt down and ended up crying alot before we left.  Too many kids.  We weren't there too long this time, so that helped.  After lunch at McDonald's, we headed back home.  Stopped at a couple RV places to look at small motor homes.  At our first stop, the man behind the counter commented on how hot it was outside.  I said, "Well, it's cooled down a bit!"  He looked at me as if I was nuts.  "It was 100 degrees in Frankenmuth - it's only 96 here!" I replied.  He still looked at me like I was nuts.  Oh, well.  We also took a drive through Hadley-Metamora State Park to show Debbie where we camped for several years.  Our special camp site.  We dropped Debbie off and we arrived home around 6:00 p.m.

Saturday, July 7
I took the day off. I decided I wasn't going to do anything.  So I began and read half of a book, played on the iPad, played with Jessie and just rested.  Well, I didn't take the entire day off.  I did vacuum the living room because it was turning white (with dog hair) and folded a basket of towels.  Made lunch and dinner.  That's about it.  I have enjoyed myself, but I have felt guilty all day.  I'm sure I'll get over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment