Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Restful Day

Jon has the weekend off so we both got to go to church.  Jess has enjoyed her day playing on her iPad, watching videos, playing with her cards, and petting Memphis.  I've played on the iPad, washed the dog's beds, washed out the innerds of the vacuum cleaner, began a book and even took a short nap. 

Speaking of naps, I remember going over to my friend Janet's house many years ago after work.  I knocked on the door and she was laying down on the couch.  I was so worried that she had gotten sick (we worked together).  She just laughed and said, "No, I just wanted to lay down.  I bet you never do."  She was right.  Bill often laid down on the couch, but laying down on the couch for me was unheard of.  I did today, though, and I'm not even sick!  It felt good.

I received my 6th hardcover blog book this week.  After 3 months of posting daily blogs, I have them put into a book.  Sort of like a printed diary.  I'm hoping that by my continuing to blog each day that these books will be a constant reminder to me in years to come what we've gone through, how far we've come, and that we are never alone.  I want my life to count for something important.  I want my life to count for Jesus. 

1 comment:

  1. you are such an inspiration to me & so many others! Who would ever think of putting their blogs into books??? Not me, that's for sure, but you think of everything that matters!! That's why I love you so much :)

    ReplyDelete