Friday, July 27, 2012

Thursday and Friday

Thursday began with a trip to the lab at TBH to drop off my 24-hour urine specimen for a special test, plus blood work.  What a way to start a day!  Breakfast with my friend, Rox, then home.  Bill's sister, Ruth, drove down for a visit and after she had a quick lunch the two of us visited Aunt Etta (Grandma's sister).  We had a Dairy Queen on the way back and even stopped in and had a pedicure!   

Ruth and I joined Debbie and Jessie for breakfast today.  Jessie's case worker, Kelly, also had breakfast with us.  Unfortunately, it was a disaster.  For the first time ever, the place was packed with people, which wouldn't have been a problem except for the women that sat behind us had 2 toddlers and an infant who only was quiet if someone was up walking around holding her.  The girl toddler was great, the boy toddler not.  Poor Jess had a panic attack.  She even turned around and screamed at them: "SHUT UP!"  To be honest, a half hour into them crying and fussing and being so loud, I wished I could have turned around and said, "SHUT UP, will ya!!"  Jess was so tramatized that I called Jon to bring us one of her anti-anxiety break-through pills.  That made a big difference for her.  Not a nice breakfast out, that's for sure. 

Ruth left from the restaurant for home and Jess and Debbie came home to do some odds and ends.  I went to Meijer's to pick up a few things I needed then came home and rested for a bit since the headache I woke up with wasn't any better.  Jacob came home for the weekend to surprise his dad for his birthday and he was able to spend the day with Jon.  They had a great time together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment