Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Mom's Lift Chair

After my mom fell several years ago we encouraged her to buy a lift chair that would help her get up from a sitting position easier.  She used it all the time.  When she passed away, I didn't want it but Diane said that I should take it because I'd use it because of my back and knees.  I put it in our bedroom.  After Bill was unable to lay down, he slept in this chair for months.  I use it each evening as my special reading chair.  Last night, Jessie kept choking when laying down so I encouraged her to sleep in the chair.  She slept in it all night long, sitting up, as she didn't want it reclined. 

Our family doctor is on vacation for this month - he's gone to Greece.  (Boy, some people have all the traveling luck.)  Anyway, we saw his nurse practicioner and got Jess started on an antibiotic.  Hopefully, she'll be better in a couple days.  She doesn't act sick, that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment