Monday, July 9, 2012

Nap Time

Since Jess hasn't felt well the past couple days, I thought that after we had our lunch out today I'd have her lay down and take a nap.  I had a headach so I sat in the chair with a hot mask on my eyes.  I had to promise her that as soon as she woke up she could watch a video.  For some reason she was wound up and wouldn't be quiet or settle down.  Here's part of our conversation:

Jess:   Mom.
Mom:   What
Jess:   Better now.
Mom:  That's good, Jess, but you still need a nap.

Jess:  Mom!
Mom:  What, Jess.
Jess:  Nap, video, iPad, snack.
Mom:  Yes, Jess, as soon as you wake up you can have a snack and watch a video and play on your iPad. 

Jess:  M-o-m!
Mom:  JESSIE!  Lay down and close your eyes!
Jess:  Like this?  (She lays flat on her back and spreads out her arms and legs.)
Mom:  Whatever!

Jess:  Mom.
Jess:  Mom.
Jess:  Mom.
Jess:  MOM!  (I'm trying to ignore her, which doesn't work.)
Mom:  Yes, Jess.
Jess:  Better now!
Mom:  Great, Jess, now close your eyes and go to sleep.

Jon enters the bedroom.
Jon:  Jessie, you are supposed to be quiet and go to sleep.
Jess:  All better now!
Jon:  I'm glad, Jess, but you need a nap and so does Mom.  She has a headache.
Jon exits.

Read and repeat each segment above at least 3 times each.  And, I am not kidding.

Did she finally go to sleep?  Beats me, but I did!


1 comment:

  1. cute :) She misses me that's why!! Love you & miss you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete