Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Challenging Emotional Day

Jon wasn't well enough to go to church today but well enough to watch Jess while I went.  Service itself was great, but church is the one place that I feel the lonliest and miss Bill the most.  Today was hard.  I usually sit alone, although Dorene sat with me today, for which I'm grateful.  I think back over the past 22 years that we have attended this church and how much has changed.  We always went as a family.  We attended Sunday School then church.  We sat in church as a family.  Watching all the families and couples today was hard for some reason.  Maybe because in 3 weeks it'll be 1 year that Bill passed away.  I don't know. 

That feeling put a damper on my spirits for the rest of the day.  When I got home we decided to go to Dimitri's for lunch - I didn't feel like doing any cooking of any kind.  Jessie has done so well lately in restaurants.  However, once getting home she doesn't stop talking.  We've been home for 6 1/2 hours and she's still talking and being very loud.  It has drove me crazy all day.

Chris came and visited for several hours in the afternoon, and we brainstormed on how to redecorate my bedroom.  It's a huge room filled with lots of furniture and mostly likely will have to be done in stages.  Jon gets his new carpet tomorrow.  We're looking forward to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment