Friday, February 22, 2013

An Early Day

The alarm went off at 5:30 and I struggled out of bed at 5:39.  I pulled Jess out of bed shortly after 6:00 and Jon followed at 6:15 a.m.  We were in the van and on our way to get blood drawn from Jess and me.  I had to take a special pill at 11:00 p.m. last night and have blood drawn at 7:00 a.m.  I was about 15 minutes late because at 6:55, we weren't the first ones there!  I was sure we would be.  There were a couple people in front of us.  Go figure.

It had started to snow before we left so we decided to come closer to home to eat breakfast.  Jess usually gets to the Garden at 9:15.  Today her breakfast out day was at 7:45 a.m.!  As you can see from this picture, she's ready to go back to sleep.  I don't look so hot either.  I was watching a tv screen.

When Debbie arrived, Jess and I took Memphis to "school" again.  The roads by this time were terrible.  I was glad to get back home.  By noon it was evident that Jessie was in desperate need for a nap, so Debbie left early (dental appt.) and I made Jess lay down for a nap.  I slept, too.  I've been puting hot rice packs on my right leg and it has seemed to help. 

Jacob came home for the weekend and he came and spent time with Jon today.  They had a great time together.

I had a phone call today from an "old" friend.  Her father and mine were friends in the Detroit Police Department and her siblings and mine grew up together.  We got together often.  Lil and I have kept in touch through letters over the years.  We've made a date to meet for lunch in March.  I'm excited.  It's been at least 20 years since we've seen each other.  We recently reconnected on FB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment