Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Scary Detour

Jon drove me down to Grosse Pointe Beaumont (formerly BonSecours) hospital this morning to have an ultrasound on my right leg.  I could have waited another 2 weeks and had it done in Troy, but I wanted an earlier appointment.  Never being there, I wasn't familiar with the roads and as soon as we got off the expressway we kept going instead of turning.  We only had to go a little way to cross over and back on Cadieux.  The first 2 miles was in a bad section, the next 2 were in Grosse Pointe before we reached the hospital, which weren't too bad.  

I had the ultrasound and the doctor said that it was "just" a lypoma on my muscle, which means a fatty, benign lump.  I'm sure my family doctor will now send me to a surgeon for a biopsy since he takes no chances.  When we left, we felt confident that we knew enough to trace our tire tracks and get back on I-94.  All went well until the north and south on-ramps were closed while they did impromptu road repair.  So, I told Jon to just turn at the next light, go down along the expressway and find a turn around back on it.  That did not happen.  The road drove away from the expressway, turned into a 2-way road into a "subdivision".  Bad news.  Very bad news.  I've never seen an area in such terrible shape as where we found ourselves.  Poor Jon, being a total country boy and driving, he was in near panic mode.  I kept calm for him, but it was very scary for me, too.  We ended up going through the neighborhood, making a circle and ending up on Harper which we kept on until we found an on-ramp to the expressway.  We laughed about it later, but it wasn't funny while we were there.  We won't be going down there again - I'll wait.

Here's something funny:  Jon is sleeping in my room on the floor on his mattress while his room is being redone.  Jessie is sleeping with me.  It's like traveling and being in a hotel room.  Sometime during the night Jess woke me up and said:  "Jon - shut up!"  Jon was snoring and she wanted me to wake him and tell him to be quite!  I didn't think it was too funny when it happened, but it is cute.  Sometimes I'm not sure who's snoring the loudest ... Memphis, Jessie, Jon ... or ... me (so Jon says!).  I really don't think I snore.

No comments:

Post a Comment