Sunday, March 22, 2015

Another Sunday Phone Call

I received another phone call from the past today. One of my former bosses, Bob K., called to say "Hi".  (The man on the left.) While he was in church today there was a special service for people with Down Syndrome and it reminded him of Jessie and me.

It was such a nice conversation and I told him I really appreciated him remembering and calling. He said that he doesn't know why "we" don't keep up with the people we care for so he decided to call me while driving home from church. (I think God's trying to tell me that phone calls are important to everyone, and we should make the effort to call those we love and care about often.

I was blessed in my 30-year secretarial career with the Utica Schools. I had great bosses. Bob, on the left, was the Principal at Havel Elementary School and we worked together for 8 years. At that time, Tom, the man on the right, was the Research Center teacher. However, when I moved to Morgan Elementary School, and my boss, Kathy, retired, Tom became the principal. We worked together for several years before I retired in 2000. The picture above is from my retirement party in June of 2000.
Fifteen years this June. Unbelievable! I retired when I was 47 years old. Not many people can do that. Yet another blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment