Friday, March 27, 2015

Helping Others

I have been following the World Help blog about their humanitarian efforts in Iraq and other countries ravaged by ISIS. My heart aches for those who have experienced such unbelievable horrors and lost everything - family members, homes, occupations, and the right to live peacefully. This is a direct quote from their blog today:

"World Help is committed to meeting the needs of the whole person. 
The physical needs are usually the most urgent, but we cannot afford
to ignore the others. We cannot simply keep people alive without 
giving them anything to live for."

Oh, my. That tugged on my heart. World Help, and many other Christian agencies, give because they love Jesus and want others to know that Jesus loves them, even when life is unbearable. They are trying right now to start a school for children in an area where many have fled, yet have nothing. I pray that they will be successful and give children (and their parents) the hope of a future through education. 

I know this is an unusual blog, but I wanted to share this. It's more important than telling you that I shopped all day with Lois!


No comments:

Post a Comment