Saturday, March 28, 2015

The Most Awful Sound

Early this morning I was in a deep sleep when the most awful sound came from my phone. It was VERY loud and I've never heard it before. It scared me to death, as we tend to say. I grabbed my phone trying to make sense of why it was making this noise and tried to shut it off. I don't know what I pushed but I only got to see that it was an Amber Alert before the screen went black. I know that it was necessary and a great way to notify people, but it just about made my heart stop. Good result, though, the little girl was found.

I did go back to sleep, only to be awakened a little while later with the phone going off again - this time for a weather alert. That noise is obnoxious and loud, too, but I'm used to the weather sound. It seems like lately they want to tell people in the middle of the night that the next afternoon it will snow. Not appreciated. When I did finally get up, I looked outside, said "Forget it!" and went back to bed. The ground was covered with snow!

Jon, Jess and I went to Benny's for breakfast. Our friend and waitress, Heather, was beside herself because quite a few people were so mad at her because she couldn't serve water or pop. Shelby Twp., Washington and Romeo are under a boil water alert. She said that they treated her like it was HER fault. That's pathetic. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

After breakfast we went to the bank, Walgreen's, Target and the Post Office. Came home and rested a bit. Jess played on her iPad and Jon put together another wooden file cabinet for me. Later in the afternoon I attended a 90th birthday party celebration for Lois' mom, Ortha. It was very nice and she had a great time with her family.


No comments:

Post a Comment