Sunday, May 3, 2015

From Winter To Summer In A Couple Days

I think it reached the lower 80's today. It was warm outside. That's Michigan for you. I just turned off the furnace this afternoon. Thankfully, Bill insulated our addition very well and it stays cool in our "new" part until we have days of 80's or 90's. It is uncomfortably hot upstairs, though. We may have to turn on the window air conditioners soon.

After breakfast I sat down on the couch to listen to a sermon by our new pastor who will start on July 1. I think I heard about 5 minutes of it and woke up to silence. I turned on another one and did the same thing! I was so disappointed. Because I had to sleep in a chair for months due to my knee and shoulder surgeries, my body must think it's supposed to go to sleep when I sit on the couch with my feet up.

Jess and I went to Subway for lunch then we shopped a bit at Kohl's just to get out. Jessie takes after her Grandma Jonas (me, too, I guess) in shopping. There are so many things in stores that she feels she needs to buy. Thankfully, I can change her mind by saying we'll see about that for her birthday, or Christmas, or whatever holiday is next. When she got home she lined up her purchases on the couch to show Jon when he got home from work. They sat on the couch together "talking" about her day and Jon exclaiming over her items. That blessed my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment