Monday, May 11, 2015

Sunday and Monday

I didn't post last night because I was too busy taking care of Jessie, who had a good morning but a very bad afternoon and evening. I had hoped to read then watch a couple movies since it was Mother's Day, but instead I did a lot of mothering. I was exhausted when I finally got to bed.

Debbie returned today which made Jessie very happy. In the early afternoon Debbie and Jess went with me to Rochester to get the van cleaned since our inside/outside car wash will be closed for the next 3 days due to cement work. We ate lunch at Alex's, but Jess wasn't crazy about her chicken salad croissant. She shared Debbie's cole slaw, too.

Right after we got home Jess became whiny about pain in her stomach and back. At 4:15 she began spitting up/throwing up. It was continuous until 6:00 p.m.! Neither Jon nor I have every seen anyone throw up constantly. About 5:30 I decided to try to get her to eat a plain piece of bread in case it was food poisoning. She ate it. The vomiting slowed down and at 6:00 she got up off the couch (we were using bowls) ... TMI, right? ... and declared that she was better. Incredible. She's been on the floor with her cards and iPad ever since. She's finally acting much better.

I know I've told you that she constantly talks about food. Even during the time she was throwing up, she wanted to know what was for dinner and if she could have a snack! What a crazy kid!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a rough week has been had by you and Jess. I hope she is feeling much better now. Have a wonderful trip with you friends - you deserve it

    ReplyDelete