Tuesday, May 12, 2015

What A Day

Jess was up at 6:00 a.m. and spent the next 2 1/2 hours happy and in her room. She got dressed, we went downstairs and I was opening the blinds when I accidentally stepped on a pile of Apples 2 Apples cards. Well, you would have thought I had done something awful, which apparently to her I did. She began screaming at me and yelling and crying. So much for a good start of the day. She eventually calmed down and Brenda took her to the pool. They were gone all day and other than being tired, she had a good day.

I spent the day washing clothes, deciding what clothes to take then packing. It took me all day because my back hurt really bad. Around 5:00 I went to the post office, Meijer's for gas and McDonald's for dinner. While we were eating dinner, I mentioned that I was leaving in the morning with the other ladies. I have been talking about this for over a week to prepare her. Well, that set her off in the worst-ever breakdown. She wailed and sobbed for 40 minutes, saying, "Mom home!" over and over and over. It was making me cry, too!

I finally went outside while Jon tried to calm her down. Five minutes later he came outside laughing and said that she was fine and on the floor playing with her cards and beads. Say what??? What did he tell her? "Mom is going on a boat and singing Jesus songs with other ladies. Then she's getting on the boat again and coming home."  Since then she's been saying: "Mom boat. Sing. Boat home." She's been fine since that conversation. Thank You, Jesus !!!!

Please pray for Jon as he assumes the responsibility of Jessie until I return on Sunday. Of course, the aides will be here during the day, which will help him a lot. I won't be posting on the blog, but if you follow me on Face Book, I'll post pictures until I return.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to understand their logic? Isn't it frustrating when in a single incidence you don't know exactly what their logic is? :o)

    ReplyDelete