Saturday, May 23, 2015

Miserable

That's the best word I can think of in describing Jessie today. Just plain old miserable. The 3 of us went out to Benny's for breakfast then we stopped at Judy's to pick up items she repaired for us. We went to the cemetery to check on Bill's grave. This might have set her off. I'm not sure. She cried all the way to Walgreen's and the post office before coming home. I sat on the couch with her for over a half hour but she didn't stop crying. I finally got her interested in her iPad and she calmed down for a bit.

Jon worked on planting more vegetables and then put together our new shed. It took almost all afternoon, and I helped where I could. He did a great job. Jess came outside and sat on my swing and went to sleep for a couple hours. She was really out because she never moved. I checked several times to make sure she was still breathing!

I'm going to blog what happened to me early this morning so I won't forget this in years to come. I can't believe it happened:

When we go upstairs at night I sit at my prayer table and ready my daily devotions, the Bible, any non-fiction book, or 2 that I am currently reading, then pray. I enjoy the quiet and peace of the night.

When I pray I take off my glasses, put my hands over my face to block out the light and begin. (If I shut off the light, I'd go to sleep.) Last night I was cold so I warmed up the rice packs Jon gave me for Christmas a couple years ago: one for my waist and one for my neck and upper back. I put both on and began praying. All of a sudden I woke up! I had fallen asleep for almost 2 hours !!!!!  Sitting straight up in the chair, hands holding up my covered face. Good grief! Talk about pain. My hips, butt, back and even shoulders hurt. I think it was the heat that made me so comfortable. I guess I'm going to have to pray with my eyes open or walk up and down the hallway or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment