Thursday, October 1, 2015

4th Day of Vacation ... Thursday, September 17


Before I begin today's blog, I want to show you this picture of Big Springs that I told you about in yesterday's post. It happened to be on FB this morning. It's an awesome aerial picture of the self-propelled raft and springs that Jon went on at Palms Book State Park.

Back to September 17 ... what would have been my 32nd wedding anniversary. It was kinda ironic that Bill and I always wanted to go on a cruise (an Alaskan cruise) together and on this day I went on the Pictured Rocks Boat Cruise (by myself). Jon went on the 10:00 a.m. cruise, we picked him up and went to Subway for lunch, then they dropped me off at the boat docks and I went on the 2:00 p.m. cruise. It was a really beautiful almost 3 hour trip. (I had a woman take my picture so I could prove I was really on it, as if I needed to!) I spent almost the entire time by myself on the back of the boat. It was a great place to stand to see all around me.


While Jon was on his cruise, I decided I better take Jessie to Urgent Care and have an xray of her foot since she was still favoring it and whining about it. Unfortunately, Urgent Care didn't open until 11:00 (we were there at 10:00) so I decided to go next door to the Clinic, which was attached to the hospital and see if someone could see her and get an xray. Long story short, the clinic did the paperwork, the hospital took the xray and an ER PA came and saw her. Thankfully, it was just sprained.

After my cruise we drove 5 miles up the road to Christmas, Michigan and ate dinner at Fogg's Steak house. I was not impressed with the town, but the restaurant was a local hang out and the food was very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment