Thursday, October 1, 2015

Happy Birthday To Me !!! (Second Post For Today)

I can't believe that 3 years ago yesterday Diane and I planned and executed the best ever 60th birthday party I've ever had - not to mention the only one. It was such a fantastic party and people are still talking about it, which was my intention.

Today began with Bible Study then lunch with some of our small group ladies. Home to rest for a couple hours because my back was so bad, for whatever reason. Jessie went to Gym class then Brenda helped Jessie grocery shop and she also bought me several birthday presents ... a princess balloon, a Hello Kitty pink cupcake, a stuffed pink bear on a stuffed cupcake that says "Birthday Girl" and popcorn chicken!  Now, doesn't that sound like something Jessie would buy for someone? Everything she'd want !!! She was so pleased with herself. Thanks, Brenda, for helping her do this. It means a lot to me.

















After Brenda left, Rachel came and watched Jessie while Diane and Randie met Chris, Jon and I at Filippa's for my birthday dinner. My dinner was awesome .. Chicken Brio ... breaded chicken on a bed of spinach and cheese pasta in an Alfredo Sauce. Our waiter, Sam, recognized me from the times I've been in there over the years and gave me a large cannoli for dessert!

When we arrived home, Chris left, Rachel left, then not 5 minutes later Julie and Lynzee came with flowers and specialty cupcakes. We sat around the kitchen table and visited. What a nice way to end my birth day !!!

Thank you, everyone, for making my day so special. I've had numerous phone calls, messages and FB posts wishing me a blessed day. I have had one, due to the many people that call me FRIEND. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment