Sunday, October 4, 2015

I'm Thankful For Friends

Rachel came today to take care of Jessie from 9:00 - 1:00 p.m. because I wasn't able to walk real well this morning. I decided I needed to go to Urgent Care and have my knee and ankle xrayed. Rachel and Jess dropped me off and picked me back up. The Urgent Care doctor said I needed to go right away to the ER because he said I had a fracture in my distal femur. Say, WHAT?

My friend, Sue, and one of Jessie's aides came at 1:00 to watch Jess and Diane came and took me to the ER. We were only gone for 2 hours - a record! Their diagnosis was just a sprain - no fracture. I just need to keep off of my leg, elevate it and ice it - which I have been doing. I'm glad it wasn't fractured. It would have put a real crimp in my life. I'm thankful for God's mercy and my angel's care of me. I sure keep them busy.

Jessie was really worried that I had to go to the hospital so when I came back she was very helpful. She kept hugging me and helping me walk. Either guiding me from the back or holding my hand. She's just too much. From a "No, thank you!" to being overly helpful.

Thank you, too, to each person who has prayed for me in the past 2 days for my fall. It's appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment