Saturday, October 3, 2015

"I've Fallen And I Can't Get Up!"

Well, almost. I now know that I can't count on having Jessie help me in a crisis.

Around noon today Jess wanted some milk so I went in the kitchen to get her a glass and emptied the carton. I began to crush it with my foot, like I've done for ever, when the next thing I know I'm on the floor looking up at the ceiling! The carton must have slipped and for some reason I went flying and landed very hard on my right side and back. I hit my head really hard on the floor. I'm sure the neighbors even heard the thud!

As I'm moaning and trying to figure out if I'm hurt I hear, "Mom, OK?" from the family room. I finally responded, "NO. I fell Jessie and I need your help!" What does she say? "No, thank you!" WHAT????? I repeated myself and she repeated herself. THREE TIMES! OK, then!

Well, since Memphis is a former Paws for Cause dog and trained to assist his human to get up, I figured he'd help me. NOT. He went after the crushed carton and took it in the family room. Probably waiting for a treat.

FINE! I'll do it myself! After a bit I did manage to get up (I can't kneel on my "new" knee) with the help of the kitchen sink. To make a long story short, Jon came home to check me out and Chris happened to be in town and she came to sit with Jess if Jon decided I needed to go to the ER. We decided I'd just lay down for a bit and see how my head was.

Right now my head is OK, but my right knee and right ankle and toes aren't. They are swollen and painful. I've been icing them all afternoon. We'll see what happens in the morning. Prayers would be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers from Montana for a restful healing night.

    ReplyDelete