Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Very Disappointing Day

This morning our plans were to leave in the morning for a 4-day trip to Indiana to visit Jon's best friend, Jacob and his wife Hannah. It's been planned for at least a month or more. However, sometimes plans don't work out. And, it is very disappointing!

I skipped Bible Study to pack, but only managed to pack a few things and do wash. Doreen came and cleaned the house. I had a meeting at 12:30 but got a call from Brenda at 12:20 that while my van was parked at the Rec Center and Jessie was at Gym class, two cars were vandalized in the parking lot. One was mine. The front passenger window was smashed, and I do mean smashed. Glass all over the place. I cancelled my meeting and went right to the center. The police were there taking a report and pictures of my van. Looking inside I didn't think anything was missing, but both Brenda and I figured out later that they did steal a couple things ... her lunch box on the front seat (which could have been mistaken for a purse) and my container of 10 small bottles of essential oils (which could have been mistaken for a wallet).

Several men from the Rec Center came and cleaned out both vehicles of glass and thanks to Jessie's Gym teacher who came by, I got the window replaced right away from a recommendation from her. However, I didn't get home until 5:00 p.m. Thanks goes to Doreen for picking up Jessie and taking her home, Brenda for taking her vehicle (I drove it there from home - Jess won't get in her vehicle) and going through McDonald's drive thru for Jessie and for keeping calm. She did a wonderful job with Jessie and helped calm me down, too.

The owner of the other vandalized vehicle wasn't as lucky as I was - she put her purse under her seat and they stole that. House keys, wallet with money, credit cards, etc! Not good.

I began packing when I got home, made dinner, Chris dropped in to say good bye and Jon got home ... very sick! He's been sick for a couple weeks, but he's been able to go to work and I didn't think much of it. Apparently he had a bad night last night and didn't do well at work, either. After talking about it and praying for guidance, we both decided he needed to stay home and go to the doctor tomorrow.

Well, at least I don't have dirty clothes to unpack. Jessie is very disappointed, too, so I've got to think of something special to do with her these next 4 days!

2 comments:

  1. Things can be replaced. So happy you and others weren't harmed. Rest and recuperate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope jon is feeling much better. so sorry there are bad folks in the world who hae no respect for other people

    ReplyDelete