Monday, October 26, 2015

Saturday, Sunday and Monday

I was about to blog on Saturday night when we got an unexpected storm. High winds and torrential rains, yet no thunder and lightening. I shut down the computer just in case we lost power. Thankfully, we didn't.

Saturday Jon felt a bit better so we went out to breakfast, Verellen's for cider and donuts and then a short drove through Romeo. We didn't know it, but it was sidewalk business trick or treating and there were scores of kids in costumes, which thrilled Jess. It was a nice couple of hours out.

We didn't do much the rest of Saturday and dinner was antipasto salad from Louie's and pretzel pizza from Little Caeser's. Like I said, "I'm on vacation!"

Sunday Jon stayed home from church and I went to second service. We went to KFC for lunch and Chris joined us. We parted and Chris went shopping and we went home. I had reservations at our local hotel where we go for Jessie's birthday for Jess, Jane, Rachel and me for the night. I thought it would help Jessie to have a night out since we couldn't go on vacation.

Jess and I got there first and unloaded the luggage cart. As you can see, Jess had fun riding it back down to the lobby. This is a really big thing, since she doesn't sit on anything that moves! She also was goofing around in the elevator on our way to get ice.



When Jane and Rachel came we went to the pool to swim, only Jessie wouldn't get in the pool again. I'm not sure why she won't go in. She's been in this pool numerous times over the years. For some reason, she enjoys using the shower that is right by the pool!  Crazy kid!

We went back to the room, got dressed and went out to dinner. Jane brought me a belated birthday present and a birthday cake, so we had dessert when we got back to the room.



Then we played games. Our first, of course, being Apples to Apples so that Jess could play with us. We probably played that for an hour before Jess retired to her iPad and tiles and Jane, Rachel and I played Fill or Bust.

Unfortunately, neither Jane nor Rachel were feeling well, so they ended up going home. It was just Jess and me for the night. Jess didn't mind. She had an entire queen sized bed to herself!




Jessie had so much fun Sunday. She laughed and laughed. I'm so glad I decided to bring her to the hotel for the night.

Sunday nights must be great nights to spend at a hotel because when we got to breakfast this morning it was just the 2 of us. As you can see, breakfast rated a 2-thumbs up.

We hung out in the room until 11:30 a.m., checked out, then went to Walgreen's and the post office before coming home. Rachel was too sick to work, so Jess just hung out with her iPad, which she sure didn't mind.

Unfortunately, Jon isn't as well as he'd hope to be. He doesn't look well either and he has to go to work in the morning. Please pray that he gets well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment