Thursday, February 3, 2011

Difficult Decisions

Diane and I spent the day at the hospital with mom today.  She slept 95% of the time.  However, she seems to be stable in her kidney and heart functions.  I think I forgot to mention to everyone that mom did have a slight heart attack - most likely the cause of her fall. 

Because she is now "stable", she can no longer stay in the hospital.  To see if she will be able to gain any strength back, she is being moved to Shelby Nursing Center for OT and PT tomorrow.  Please pray that the move will hold the least amount of trauma for her. 

Bill's day today was better than yesterday.  I am so grateful that he understands my need to care for my mom at this time.  He is an awesome man, in case you all didn't know that!  Next Wednesday is his CT scan to see how these past 2 rounds of chemo has affected the cancer, and if the PET scan was accurate and the cancer is gone from all areas (except the esophogus). 

To say that we are all stressed out is to put it mildly.  However, I am trusting that God has a plan.  He loves my mom even more than I could ever love her.  He cares about mom.  He cares about me.  He cares about my family.  He cares.  I know that He will give us all the strength we need each day to face each day's challenges.  That is a promise!  I cling to those.

No comments:

Post a Comment