Saturday, February 19, 2011

Three Generations

On October 2, 1955, one day after my 3rd birthday, I posed on the walkway leading up to our house on Mendota (in Detroit) with my Mom and my Grandma Taylor.  I don't remember that moment, but I do remember our house.  Later on my dad put railings around the posts and I spent many hours on that front porch playing.  It seemed like I was always outside.  Riding my bike, visiting the neighbors or playing with friends. 

Jessie loves to be outside, too.  She can't wait to swing again in her hammock.  Yesterday she said, "Snow all done?"  "No," I replied, "There's more snow coming soon!"  She was NOT happy.  I think her attitude reflects most of ours, too.  We're just so done with winter.  For some reason, it has seemed like it's lasted too long.

Jess and I had an unexpected Girl's Day Out, as Shannon wasn't able to come today because of illness.  I am thrilled because Jessie really seems like she enjoys my company and she likes to be on-the-go, too.  That's my girl!  We enjoyed ice cream time with Grandma today.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment