Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Daily Devotional

When Bill was first diagnosed with cancer, my friend, Chris J. gave me a 365-day devotional called "Jesus Calling"  "Enjoing Peace In His Presence", by Sarah Young (c2004).  It blessed me so much that I bought Bill a copy of his own, then when it became an iPad app, I downloaded it on our iPad.  It's amazing how each day speaks to me - to the things I am going through - my feelings - my thoughts.  It is written as if Jesus were talking to us, backed up by scripture.  I highly recommend it. 

Early this morning as I was cleaning up the kitchen, I bent over and apparently pulled a muscle in my back on the left side.  Oh, my!  Such pain.  I could hardly breathe.  It's been a challenge for me to even walk today.  I must say, I wasn't very happy about this. Since we had several things we had to do, I couldn't take a muscle relaxer and pain pill until 3:00 p.m. 

Anyway, part of today's devotional was ... "Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for My way in the midst of these very circumstances.  Limitations can be liberating when your strongest desire is living close to Me."  (page 49)  Thank you, Jesus, for all the ways you speak to me each day.  You are so ever faithful!

My mom's cousins Carol and Curt came and visited Mom today and brought home made scones!  (They were delicious.  I just had to try one!)  It was nice visiting with them and catching up.  We are blessed to have family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment