Monday, August 13, 2012

A Tornado Warning ????

Late this afternoon around 4:45 or so I was upstairs doing paperwork when the weather sirens went off.  I jumped up, yelled for Jon to come downstairs, ran down the stairs, got Debbie and Jess in the closet, then realized that it didn't even look like it was going to storm.  Huh?  Jon, Debbie and I are checking our iPad's, iPhones and tv to check the weather.  Nothing.  No rain even on the radar.  I texted my sister and she said the Fraser police thought they saw a funnel cloud, so all of Macomb County got blasted with the sirens.  Just what I needed - a good scare in the afternoon.  At least Jess had a good time in the closet.  She didn't want to come out!

Jon had an appointment this morning and I went with him.  I enjoyed about an hour of relaxing reading while waiting for him.  Went to Alex's Restaurant in Rochester for brunch.  Home to pick up Jess and take her to lunch.  Thankfully she only wanted to go to McDonald's so I got an ice cream cone.  We had a picnic in the van.

No comments:

Post a Comment