Sunday, August 12, 2012

Friday's Highlights

Friday morning we got up and had the hotel's breakfast then took off for the south.  We stopped at Gaylord's Call of the Wild Museum, which we have visited on numerous occasions.  The picture on the left is of Jessie listening to certain animal sounds.  It is a very nice museum.

Next we visited Grandma and Aunt Ruth.  We didn't stay long because Jon wanted to have some down time before having to go to bed and work the next day.  Plus, the weather wasn't that great.  Raining pretty hard.

Anyway, Grandma is doing about the same.  Aunt Ruth has a bad case of vertigo.  Uncle Bill and Billy were out cutting lawns.



Today Jon worked and Jess and I spent the day together.  Sunday's that he works are the hardest for me.  I don't want to work on Sunday's, but they are very long when I don't get to go to church, and there really isn't much to do.  The phone is quiet, the neighborhood is quiet.  Jess is semi-quiet.

Today I did some power-reading for my book club that meets this Wednesday.  I read 5 lengthy chapters.  Pretty interesting topics. 

I miss Bill the most on Sundays.  I sat outside on the deck this afternoon and enjoyed being out of doors.  He gave us such a nice gift - the enclosed deck is so nice.  I miss his presence.  I miss sitting next to him and just being quiet.  Words weren't always necessary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment