Thursday, August 30, 2012

Grocery Shopping

I visited a new friend this morning who had surgery not too long ago, then went to Kroger's to shop.  When I returned home and had lunch, Debbie, Jessie and I went to Meijer's.  Jessie likes to do pop bottles and she did a good job today.  When we got to the check out, we were next to a family with very rowdy kids, two of which were running up and down the check out isle.  Another child was holding a crying baby.  I was so afraid that Jess would have a panic attack.  These kids were getting on my nerves, to say the least.  The parents were absolutely oblivious to their children's behavior.  After we got checked out I realized that I had forgotten my bottle return slip and coupons, since I was preoccupied with making sure Jess was OK.  She did great!  I whispered to her that if they were my kids (for one they wouldn't be doing what they were doing), they'd get their butt spanked.  She just looked at me and laughed and said, "Bad kids - butt!"  Way to go, Jess!

I think it's going to be an early night tonight.  I'm pooped.  We have to get up early and take Jess to have some fasting blood work done in the morning.  We'll see how that goes.  Last time it didn't go well and she "screamed bloody murder".  I'm hoping for a much better blood draw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment