Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Another Tree Bites The Dust

When Bill and I moved in our home 26 years ago, our backyard had several huge trees.  Unfortunately, two had to be taken down years ago.  Two weeks ago my friends Debbie and Dorene noticed that the tree just outside my deck was dead.  OK, then.  When did that happen?  You'd think I would have noticed it, but I didn't.  Sometimes I wonder if I live on another planet!

Today I had the tree taken down - well, almost the entire tree.  I had a large piece of the trunk left and cut to be over the roof line.  My plans are to plant more of the climbing bush around the tree and have it cover it completely.  Should look pretty nice.

Unfortunately, with the tree gone I no longer have shade in the upstairs room.  I guess I'll just have to keep the blinds pulled in the bright sun. 

When I went upstairs to look out the window, I noticed that there was something on the stump of the tree.  Do you see it?
It looks like an Indian head - like a picture on a coin.  This is just way too cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment