Thursday, August 2, 2012

So - Just How Important Are Teeth?

I can still hear my mom say, "Take care of your teeth.  They're the only ones you'll ever have."  I mentioned a month ago that since I am now able to concentrate on me, one doctor visit was to the dentist.  The visit consisted of a full set of xrays, and a cleaning, which had to be finished today.  Also today my dentist, who I really like and this isn't against him, gave me a plan of service for what needs to be done, to the tune of $7,087.00.  That's right.  Seven thousand dollars!  I just looked at him and said ... "Well, this isn't going to happen!"  I only have $1,000.00 dental coverage a year.  My plan of action is to wait until something hurts.  And, nothing hurts at the moment.  However, I know that this is a foolish plan so I will have to have one tooth done when I have my portion saved.  The first one, and it's a crown, will be in late October.  I just had going to the dentist.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment