Friday, April 25, 2014

A Hard Day

I had breakfast with Debbie and Jessie then went to FCS to buy a special book for a friend.  An in and out shopping trip, as I had a 11:45 MRI appointment for my shoulder.  The MRI did not go well.  The way they had my arm in a metal cage, pressed against my neck and chest with 2 weights on my arm gave me intense pain within 3 minutes.  The entire MRI was to have taken only 45 minutes.  The first set was blurry as I apparently breathed too hard or moved.  The retake was perfect, except by then I was in tears.  Six more pictures to go - not today.  I had to make another appointment so that I can have an IV sedative and pain medication.  I was very disappointed that I was unable to handle the pain and keep still.  That's life I guess.

I went to Di and Randie's and picked up some computer ink she bought for me then went and visited a friend in a Rehab Center.  It was the same one my mom was in.  I didn't think it would bother me - I never gave it much thought, but I had a hard time being there.  It brought back memories of my mom.  I must get over that, though, because I plan to go back and visit. 

Jessie and I met Chris for dinner out.  Unfortunately, for the first time in over a year or more, I think, Jessie had a panic attack because of a screaming, crabby toddler.  It was not an enjoyable meal for us, especially Jessie.  I felt bad for her.  She'd been doing so well in restaurants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment