Monday, April 7, 2014

Not Like I Planned

I'm beginning to wonder if any day will ever be what I plan.  The day was clear on my calendar and I was going to spend the entire day upstairs doing paper work.  I called to make doctor appointments for both Memphis and Jessie and today was the only day this week they could be seen.  So, at 2:30 we took Memphis to the vet, took him home and had Jess to her dr. by 4:00 p.m.  I made that one with 2 minutes to spare. 

Memphis seems to be in pain and his back legs don't seem to work all the time.  Stairs are a problem for him.  He's also gained 10 pounds since the last time we were there and that is not good.  He's 8 years old and we sure would like him around a couple more years.  I think losing Memphis would crush Jessie.  We only feed him enough for an 85 pound dog and he only gets a couple treats a day. 

Jessie has been losing hair the past week and a half.  She had such thick, beautiful hair.  It's still beautiful, but you can tell that it is thinner.  She had blood taken to see if her thyroid is off.  She also had a temp of  99.  That was a surprise. She certainly doesn't act sick. 

Today hasn't been a good health day for me.  My right shoulder is pretty painful and I hurt my back while helping with Memphis on the table.  He was very compliant, but being so huge we had to turn him over a couple of times to be examined.  I hate being limited in the things I want to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment