Friday, April 18, 2014

Things Happen So Quickly

Yesterday was another full day with Bible Study and lunch out with a couple friends.  Came home and did a few things around the house until it was time to go to a friend's house for the evening.  We all had a great time and I decided to go home around 9:00 p.m.  As I was carrying 4 china plates, an Anchor Hocking casserole dish and a mug in my arms, I managed to miss the incline that was by the van.  One minute I'm walking, the next I'm flat on the ground with the china smashed to smitherines under my chest.  Woe!  I've been concerned about falling since I got my new knee and now I don't have to be concerned anymore.  I've already done it.

Needless to say I'm pretty sore.  Even though it wasn't great to land on china, it saved my face from meeting the cement.  My right hand got cut a bit, my left elbow is scrapped and my insides feel like they've been jumbled up with a Mix Master.  I also have bruises on various body parts.  Thankfully, a friend walked to the van with me and she went back inside to get help to get me up.  A car pulled up and a young man helped my friend's husband get me up.  Talk about embarrassing.  I'm going to have to go over to PT and have them show me how to get up with out using my left knee.

I didn't blog last night because I hurt too much.  I had Jon fix my cuts, took some pain medicine and went to bed. 

Unfortunately, the 3 of us had 8:00 a.m. dermatologist appointments this morning.  Too early for me, but we made it in time.  Then we went out to breakfast and came home.  I spent the rest of the day doing paperwork. It's time for more pain medicine and bed. 

Jess had a good day yesterday and even saw the Easter Bunny.  Today - well, today she's in rare form.  Super hyper, yelling, happy, teasing, hugging, what have you, she's it today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment