Saturday, April 5, 2014

Just You And Me

Jon worked and Jess and I spent the day together.  We got in the van and went to various places:

Post Office - our mail
Tim Horton's - breakfast
Christmas Tree Shops - SM Banquet items for centerpieces
K-9 - Food for Memphis
Walgreen's - Ordered Vitamin C
Home Depot - paint for the kitchen
Dollar Store - special vases for centerpieces
 
Jess wanted to go to McDonald's for lunch but since we ate a late breakfast at Tim Horton's I was holding her off, trying to get home and eat a light lunch, or just a snack.  When we finished at Home Depot, she saw the Hot Dog stand and her eyes lit up - literally!  She really wanted one, so we each had a hot dog (I could have bought 4 packages of hot dogs on sale for the price!) and stood at a high table to eat.  She looked like she hadn't had a hot dog in years, had a satisfied look on her face and kept giving me the thumbs up!  It was just too funny.  Costly or not, it was worth seeing the pleasure on her face - just for a hot dog.  If we could all be satisfied with the little things in life as Jess is.  That one hot dog made her day!
 
When we got home I was very tired but managed to do a couple loads of wash before I sat on the couch and took a nap.  Jessie is still going strong.  We're on our way to bed, but I know it'll take her an hour to go to sleep.  Ah, well.  She does take after me.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment