Thursday, February 19, 2015

Happy Birthday Randie !!! and Happy Birthday Brenda !!!

Jon and I met Diane and Randie at Bad Brad's for lunch to celebrate Randie's 70th birthday !!! The lunch was good, but the dessert! Now THAT was great. The 4 of us shared the 2 desserts. One was a peanut butter brownie with ice cream and the other was S'mores - golden graham sticks you dipped in melted marshmallows and chocolate syrup. Much better than any dessert I could have come up with. Our Randie sure doesn't look like she's 70. She is very young at heart and a lot of fun to be around. Diane has been giving her a gift each day this week. She even gave her a pajama warmer! It's an electric wrap that you can put your pajamas in (or whatever) and warm them up before putting them on. I think I need one.

Brenda shares Randie's birth date. She is exactly 20 years younger than Randie. Unfortunately, Jessie did not give her a good day. She was very challenging and difficult. I'm sure Brenda was ready to go home and get some peace and quiet.

Tonight we had our SIS meeting with the State of Michigan regarding Jessie. Their goal was to see what type of support she would need if she had all the money in the world to help her live independently. One of the questions was even about sexual relations. I'm glad Kelly warned me ahead of time how personal the questions get. I did have a bad attitude about the meeting before we began, but the answers we gave were given based on a numbering system. That helped. It also helped that the SIS worker was nice and personable.

Jessie was to be in the meeting also, but she stayed in the family room. Debbie came to be part of the meeting, as well as supervise Jess during this time. Several times we burst out laughing because Jessie would answer a question, "NO!" It was an appropriate response, too. She listened to every word that was being said.

Instead of a 3 hour meeting as I was told it would be, it was only 1 1/2 hours in length. It went better than I expected, but it was intense and a few times my brain quit and Jon or Kelly had to answer the questions. Not only am I tired of paperwork, I'm tired of meetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment