Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Painful and Restful Day

For some reason my back acted up and I was in alot of pain today. I've also had calf and foot cramps, which the doctor says is from my back. I took strong pain medicine, heated up my rice packs and sat on the couch for a couple hours reading a book. I did this after we had brunch - we didn't come downstairs until 11:00! I made pancakes and bacon. That was very nice, as the 3 of us rarely eat breakfast together unless we go out.

I am thankful for family dinners. I grew up eating at a table with the family and Bill and I carried that tradition over to our family. We've always eaten dinner at a table, unlike alot of families I know. I'm thankful for the time we spend eating and talking. Even Jessie. She always wants to know what everyone had for breakfast and lunch. I'm also blessed that she is able to let me know if she likes her food - 1 thumb up, 2 thumbs up, butt wiggle or 2 arms raised in the air. I don't always appreciate the screaming if she doesn't like something, though. Jon has always been complimentary about my food and thanks me. It means alot.

Jon and I just finished watching the movie, "God's Not Dead". Wow. Powerful! It was an excellent movie. Very moving. If you haven't seen it, it is worth buying the DVD. God. Is. Not. Dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment