Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Getting Snatches of Peace and Quiet

I went to Bible Study this morning and we finished up the book of Philippians. During these uncertain times, I take comfort in Philippians 4:4-7:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, 
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, 
present your requests to God. And the peace of God,
which transcends all understanding, will guard your
hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I had lunch when I got home then finished around the tree in the backyard that I began yesterday. Many of the brick had fallen over and it desperately needed weeding, and new rock put down. I am so thankful that I was able to do the work myself. I enjoyed the peace and quiet of working outside.

After dinner I went outside and sat on the swing and read my current book for about 45 minutes. I think that since March I've read AT LEAST 20 or more books. I do LOVE to read. Jon kept an ear on Jessie while I had some more peace and quiet. UNTIL, for no apparent reason, our generator went off. Scared the crap out of me since I was within 10 feet of it! Not sure why we lost power. Well, it was quiet for awhile.

Jessie said something funny again today. Putting the finishing touches on dinner, I kept tripping over Darla who wanted to be in my way. After the third time I yelled at her to get out of the kitchen, Jessie said: "Darla, LISTEN!"  Seriously? I'll have to say that to her the next time SHE won't listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment