Tuesday, June 16, 2020

"HI, Honey!"

I have to write this down so that in years to come I'll remember this:

Last night I fell asleep in my bedroom chair, which I do on numerous occasions. When I got up to go to bed, Jessie was sleeping on her stomach with her head face down. I gently moved her so she'd turn over. She moved, looked at me and said:  "Hi, honey. How are you?"  I wanted to cry. That was so sweet. PLUS, it was 5 words together! 

Jess had a fun day with Jane. They played numerous games then went outside and kicked a ball around. She left early because Jess had the doctor's appointment at 2:45. She got a shot in her butt! 😱 and a prescription for an antibiotic for 10 days. She wasn't so crabby today, either.

For the first time in a long time I went out in the back yard and began weeding and cleaning up around the tree. I was in the shade and it was very nice. I hope to do it again tomorrow afternoon after Bible Study. It's almost done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment